1. What is your role in the project?My role, as project director, is to ensure that the project is delivered on time and to budget. It covers all aspects of the project including technical, content, design and stakeholder management. My role also involves working and negotiating with the supplier base.
2. What does your average working day involve?
On a project there is rarely such a thing as an average working day and that's what makes it so interesting - there's always lots happening and lots of problems to solve - I never get bored.
But, an average day might be spent looking at what the plans say, particularly what we should be delivering or doing and making sure we will be ready for the next delivery. I then talk to the team, making sure they are on track and resolving any problems they may have.
I check where we are on risks and issues, making sure that things get done when they should get done. A lot of my role focuses on planning - setting up meetings and reviews, making sure we make the right decisions with inputs from all parties.
I am also involved with stakeholder engagement - making sure that our stakeholders know what's going on and are happy.
3. Which other members of the team do you work closely with?
I work with Mark Russell, the eCommunications manager, to make sure that we and the business understand the requirements around content delivery, and when they need to deliver it.
I work with Tim Nickson from eBusiness ensuring that his team are clear on the requirements and reviewing the progress made - watching the website grow week-on-week is very exciting and encouraging.
I work with Paul Wright from MIS and that has helped me understand more of the services that ICE offers its members. I've been impressed by their on-going process of digitisation - constantly striving to improve the service to the members.
I also speak regularly with our external suppliers, discussing delivery dates and making sure that we respond quickly to their requests.
4. What excites you most about the new website?
It's great because I talk to a very wide range of staff within ICE and TTL - constantly saying hello to people and letting them know our progress - everyone is looking forward to having a new website and I'm proud to be part of the team to deliver it.
The new website will be such a breath of fresh air for everyone - I think that it will be much easier to use and that when people search for documents, they'll be able to find them quickly and easily.







No comments:
Post a Comment